Child Custody Lawyers in Springfield
Protecting the Best Interests of Your Children
Whether you are seeking sole or joint custody or simply visitation rights, our firm can help you navigate the complex Missouri child custody laws to achieve your goals.
What Is Child Custody?
According to Missouri law, child custody refers to the decision-making and parenting time of a child in a child support case. Custody can be sole or joint, and Missouri law gives preference to granting custody to both parents. Courts will determine custody based on the best interests of the child, meaning the court will consider the child's relationship with each parent and the child's need for a meaningful relationship with both parents.
Types of Custody
- Sole Custody – One parent has custody of the child and makes all decisions.
- Joint Custody – Both parents have custody of the child and make decisions together.
- Split Custody – Custody is split between the parents, with the child living with one parent most of the time and spending time with the other parent.
- Rotating Custody – The child spends a certain number of days or weeks with one parent, then a certain number of days or weeks with the other parent.
How Do Courts Decide Custody?
Missouri courts will determine child custody based on the best interests of the child.
Factors the court will consider include:
- the child's relationship with each parent
- each parent's ability to perform the parenting functions for the child
- the child's needs
- the child's adjustment to home, school, and community
- either parent's willingness to facilitate the other parent's parenting time
- either parent's history of domestic violence or child abuse
- either parent's plans for the child's upbringing
- the child's preference if the child is mature enough to express a preference
- the parents' ability to provide the child with a stable, healthy environment
- the child's health needs
- either parent's willingness to pay child support
A parent's lifestyle choices will not necessarily impact custody, but the court will consider how a parent's choices impact the child's well-being.
What Is a Parenting Plan?
A parenting plan is a document that outlines custody and parenting time. Missouri law requires parents to submit a parenting plan to the court when they are petitioning for or responding to a petition for child custody. Courts prefer that parents create a parenting plan on their own and submit it to the court, but if they do not, the court will create a parenting plan for them based on the best interests of the child.
Creating a Stable and Supportive Environment for Your Children
At Taylor & Phillips, LLC, we understand that child custody matters can be emotionally challenging and complex. Our experienced child custody lawyers in Springfield are dedicated to protecting the best interests of your children and helping you navigate the legal process with compassion and expertise.
When it comes to child custody, our priority is to create a stable and supportive environment for your children. We believe that every child deserves to have a loving and nurturing relationship with both parents, and we work diligently to achieve fair and favorable custody arrangements.
Our child custody attorneys have extensive knowledge of Missouri's family law and understand the various factors that courts consider when deciding custody. We will advocate for your rights as a parent and strive to reach a resolution that promotes the well-being of your children.
One important aspect of child custody is the development of a parenting plan. This plan outlines the rights and responsibilities of each parent, including visitation schedules, decision-making authority, and other important matters. Our attorneys will guide you through the process of creating a comprehensive and effective parenting plan that meets the unique needs of your family.
If you are facing a child custody dispute, we encourage you to contact our law firm for a free consultation. Our team is committed to providing personalized legal representation and will work tirelessly to protect your rights and the best interests of your children.
Why Choose Taylor & Phillips, LLC?
When it comes to child custody matters, choosing the right law firm is crucial. Here's why you can trust Taylor & Phillips, LLC:
- Experienced attorneys with a track record of success in child custody cases
- Compassionate and understanding approach to help you navigate the emotional challenges
- Thorough understanding of Missouri's family law and custody regulations
- Personalized attention and tailored strategies to meet your unique needs
- Commitment to achieving fair and favorable outcomes for our clients
Contact our child custody attorneys today to schedule a free consultation and take the first step towards resolving your custody matter.
Contact Our Child Custody Attorneys
Whether you are seeking sole custody, joint custody, or visitation rights, our firm can help you navigate the complex Missouri child custody laws to achieve your goals. We're here to help you with every step of your custody case.
We Provide a Free Initial Consultation Also Available by Phone or Video
We Offer Reasonable Financing Options & Payment Plans
We Are Available to Our Clients 24/7
We Treat Clients With Respect at All Times
We Have Exceptional Litigation Skills & Know When to Use Them
We Are Honest & Focused on Your Goals
We Provide Great Value Through Our Service